Meet the Team
Caley A. (Churchwell) Hedman, Enrolled Agent
Caley has been with Mense, Churchwell & Mense PC since January 2010 as a Staff Accountant. She started doing audits, bookkeeping and tax returns as part of her internship while attending college. In January 2011 she decided to manage the Tax Resolution division of the office and help Chris stay on task with the constant updates and management between clients and the Internal Revenue Service. Caley graduated with a major in Accounting from Missouri Southern State University in 2011 and achieved her Master’s in Business at William Woods University in 2013. Caley is a member of the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers, Institute of Managerial Accountants, Chamber of Commerce’s Young Professionals Network, Joplin Area Business Club and The Networking Gurus of the Joplin Area. She enjoys serving on the board of Spiva Center for the Arts as the Treasurer. She recently married Eric Hedman, who is a chiropractor in Joplin, whom she met through a Young Professional Network event. She has recently passed her licensing board for becoming an Enrolled Agent in 2015.
McAuley Catholic High School; Joplin, Missouri
Missouri Southern State University; Joplin, Missouri – 2011
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Accounting
- Lambda Gamma Chapter – Delta Mu Delta (International Honor Society for Business students)
William Woods University; Joplin, Missouri – 2014
- Masters of Business Administration
Enrolled Agent (2015 – current)
- Individual, Corporate, S-Corporate, Non-for-Profit & Estate Tax Returns
- Assembling proper documentation for the client & the Internal Revenue Service
- Obtaining correct information for back-taxes & corresponding IRS filings
- Tracking & Executing Deadlines for Resolution Management
- Wage levy & property lien releases
- Offer in Compromise – Negotiation & Correspondence with the Internal Revenue Service
- Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce – Young Professional Network (Spring 2011 – current)
- Missouri Southern Accounting Club – Vice President (Fall 2010 – Spring 2011)
- Spiva Center for the Arts – Treasurer (June 2012 – current)
- Joplin Area Business Club – Treasurer (April 2013 – current)
- Networking Gurus of the Joplin Area – Secretary/Treasurer (January 2015 – current)
Chris, Caley and Nat are part of a group called American Society of Tax Problem Solvers, or ASTPS. Chris is also in a group with Dan Pilla, of Tax Freedom Institute. These groups have annual seminars across the nation that are specifically geared towards handling cases with the IRS and ways to grant relief to many taxpayers, or at least guide them to the best remedy possible. ASTPS in particular is a non-profit, specific for education purposes. Since we are well-informed with different tax debt remedies, you can say we have a niche in the regional area that will deal with the IRS on a daily basis. Chris and Caley have authorization to fully represent clients before the IRS. Caley deals more with the technical management and paperwork while Chris calls and negotiates each tax case. Together as a team we get many cases resolved. Caley is the information seeker and Chris is the information provider to the IRS or State Taxing Authorities.
Nat has been with Mense, Churchwell & Mense PC since February 2013 as a Staff Accountant. She completed her Masters of Business Administration in Accounting from Pittsburg State University in 2010. Nat was born and raised in Bangkok, Thailand. After graduating with a major in Finance from the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce, she worked for ING Funds (Thailand) as an officer in the Operation Department. She had responsibilities for fund settlement and administration, cash management and funds tax withholding and submission. Nat appreciates the value of integrity from her two-year experience in fund industry. In 2007, she moved to the United States to pursue her Master’s degree. While attending the MBA program, she became interested in studying tax, financial accounting, and internal auditing. After graduation, she joined H&R Block where she was trained to become a tax professional. She has found herself enjoying the challenge to keep up with the ever-changing tax rules. Since 2013, Nat has become part of MCM’s Tax Resolution division. She is responsible for preparing individual income tax returns, researching tax issues, minimizing additional or alternative tax, and engaging in local marketing. She is currently a member of the America Society of Tax Problem Solvers.